Once again, a dish made that’s practically vegan… and if you want it to be vegan, just omit the cheese or use vegan cheese, your choice.
One of the reasons I started blogging again is the fact that I felt I kept cooking the same dishes everyday. Pasta. Chicken sausage. Sautéed veggies. I needed to switch it up, and the only way I would do that is if I got inspired. So now I’m back at it, reading blogs everyday and looking for some recipe ideas. So let me know if you have any!
Today’s lunch features quinoa again. I’m trying to use healthier grains in my diet rather than just pasta. But I’m on my last few servings of quinoa, and that stuff is expensive, so look for some brown rice recipes coming up!
1 cup of broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup quinoa
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup bread crumbs, Italian style
1 cornstarch egg (1 tablespoon cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water)
One lemon wedge
As much parmesan cheese as you want
Salt and pepper
Olive oil for panfrying
1. Steam broccoli and then cut into tiny pieces.
2. Add quinoa and water, bring to a boil then let simmer until all the water is absorbed.
3. Add all ingredients, including quinoa and broccoli, into a bowl. Mix together until everything is well distributed.
4. Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
5. Form mix into balls.
6. Add balls to the pan. Cook each side 6-8 minutes, until golden brown, then place on paper towel to drain excess grease.
I ate mine over homemade tomato sauce. They were so SO good.